Arcane Strongboxes System
4 different types of Keys can be obtained by hunting monsters in all locations (including Special Zones):
- Blue Key: up to 281 pcs. can be obtained daily.
- Purple Key: up to 136 pcs. can be obtained daily.
- Orange Key: up to 59 pcs. can be obtained daily.
- Cyan Key: up to 7 pcs. can be obtained daily.
As they are Quest items, they do not take up slots in your inventory.
Arcane Strongboxes - Opening by Keys
When a Solo Boss, Command Channel Boss, Instance Boss or Epic Boss is killed, an Arcane Strongbox will spawn. You can open an Arcane Strongbox by using your collected Keys.
Every opening attempt will require of 10 Keys of the corresponding type, and you will receive a certain amount of Strongboxes:
- Blue Keys: used to open a Blue Arcane Strongbox (Solo Bosses). 10 Blue Keys can be exchanged for 5 Strongboxes.
- Purple Keys: used to open a Purple Arcane Strongbox (Command Channel Bosses). 10 Purple Keys can be exchanged for 10 Strongboxes.
- Orange Keys: used to open an Orange Arcane Strongbox (Instance Bosses). 10 Orange Keys can be exchanged for 25 Strongboxes.
- Cyan Keys: used to open a Cyan Arcane Strongbox (Epic Bosses). 10 Cyan Keys can be exchanged for 100 Strongboxes.
For example, if you have 35 Purple Keys in your inventory and want to open a Purple Arcane Strongbox, 30 Purple Keys will be consumed (since each opening attempt requires 10 Keys), and 30 Strongboxes will be received.
Due to this change to the opening procedure for Arcane Strongboxes, it is no longer necessary for players to run after Bosses all day in order to open Arcane Strongboxes.
And even more important, the oportunity of opening Arcane Strongboxes is now completely free and accessible for everybody, since it's not linked anymore to Spirit Sparks.
Arcane Strongboxes - Additional Free Opening
The possibility of opening an Arcane Strongbox for free has been added to the party or command channel that has dealt the most damage to a Boss.
The additional free opening will consist of receiving a quantity of Strongboxes equivalent to 20% of the quantity normally received when opening an Arcane Strongbox with Keys.
For example, if your command channel has dealt the most damage to an Epic Boss, every member of the command channel will have the possibility of an additional free opening, receiving 20 Strongboxes (20% of the 100 Strongboxes normally received when opening an Arcane Strongbox with Keys).
In order to count with the free opening possibility, you need to be near to the Boss that has died. Standing in town or too far from the Boss won't grant the free opening possibility.
Additional Free Opening types:
- Solo Boss: members of the party that has dealt the most damage to the Solo Boss will count with an additional free opening.
- Command Channel Boss: members of the command channel that has dealt the most damage to the Command Channel Boss will count with an additional free opening.
- Instance Boss: it doesn't feature an additional free opening possibility (e.g. Dwelling of Spirits).
- Epic Boss: members of the command channel that has dealt the most damage to the Epic Boss will count with an additional free opening.
Additional changes applied today
- Amount of Strongboxes received when exchanging Arcane Keys has been CONSIDERABLY increased.
- Amount of Strongboxes received by the additional free opening possibility has been decreased from 100% to 20% of the base amount of received Strongboxes (when exchanging Arcane Keys).
- A Purple Arcane Strongbox is spawned when defeating Satina, Deiman and Tiron.
- A Cyan Arcane Strongbox is spawned when defeating Epic Priests, Fallen Priests, and Priests of Behemoth, Glakias, Antharas and Gorde.
We aim to continue improving our unique features and appreciate your feedback on them.